A book featuring one-room country schools is available at the OAHS Museum.
David Stluka Photography has posted many new images from the OAHS collection.
Click here to view
We're interested in your opinions about the web site or the work of the Historical Society.
Recollection Wisconsin is an expanding digital collection featuring thousands of historic photos, postcards, maps, letters, diaries, books, artifacts, oral histories and other digital collections from dozens of Wisconsin libraries, archives, museums and historical societies. Users can search across all content, browse sub-collections based on subject categories and types of material, or explore a map of content contributors.
|Oregon Women in World War II|
| American women played important roles during World War II, both at home and in uniform. Not only did they give their sons, husbands, fathers, and brothers to the war effort, they gave their time, energy, and some even gave their lives. A new display at the Oregon Area Historical Society now recognizes some of the women from the Oregon area who served their country.
Some of these women included:
• FERN KLUG, 2nd Lt., Army Nurse Corps. Served in Manila and in Japan
• RITA PLUMMER, Special Technician. Served in Coast Guard as a Spar in Southern U.S.
• CAMILLA SCHLOEMER, 2nd Lt. Army Nurse Corp. on USS Hospital Ship Shamrock, Panama, and Arkansas
• LUCY WALLACE, Capt., Army Nurse Corp. in Australia and New Guinea
• JOY HULBURT, WAC Secretary, Medical Supply Depot, New Guinea
• VERA NELSON RICHARDS,, 2nd Lieut. Army; Served as a nurse at Camp McCoy
• EUNICE ONSRUD,WAC Headquarters, 5th Army, North Africa and Italy
(The OAHS has Eunice Onsrud's journal of her war time experience as a WAC serving with the 5th Army.)
Eunice Onsrud Hall
Mark Your Calendars...
• Old World Wisconsin
Speaker Jennifer Van Haaften
Assoc. Director of Old World Wisconsin
Topics: "Old World Wisconsin"
"Autumn on the Farm"
September 11, 2014
at the Senior Center
• Bus Trip to Old World Wisconsin
Sunday, October 5
• Wisconsin Bicycle History
Thursday, December 4
at the Senior Center
OREGON AREA HISTORICAL SOCIETY MUSEUM
159 W. Lincoln Street
10am -4pm Every Tuesday
10am -4pm 1st Sat. of month
September through May
Every Sat in summer (June-Aug)
and by appointment
Visit your local museum!
In Memory of
Florice A. Paulson
August 28, 1917 -
June 11, 2013
The OAHS is trying to collect a complete set yearbooks. Can you help?